Monday 29 September 2014

What the VHS 'style' entails of:

I'm a fan of VHS-esque filming simply because I find it quite nostalgic. I think of it as a filter it can really make anything look good and it gives it an interesting twist when you seen modern day things being filmed in lo-fi. In my video i'd like the opening scene to start with a 'time stamp' appropriation of the name of the film, who's it by etc. This is an example of one I found at the beginning of Duchess Says - Black Flag:
and again at the beginning of Foo Fighters - White Limo:
I'd also like to include a clip from a film which has some sort of relation to the music being played in the film - like maybe a character saying an interesting quote before super imposing the actual video itself. Like what's done in this video for The Bronx - Past Lives:

Superimposing seems to be appropriate to use instead of cuts, it looks better and its keeps a constant flow in the video which could come across as engaging. Superimposition is used throughout this video (which is also a parody for those creepy 90's Calvin Klein commercials)
Twin Shadow - Slow:

No comments:

Post a Comment