Wednesday 17 September 2014

Production diary: Week 2

As I know I want my film to be music based, I started thinking about the music around me and what I can do with it. Many of my friends have musical talents and I'm well connected with local musicians in the area I live in. But I decided to not involve a short list and just produce a music film/video for one of my closest friends who sings in her free time and had studied music at school.
India Chambers is a talented singer from Shadwell in East London. Of Jamaican and Spanish decent Chambers studied music at Pimlico Academy from GCSE through to A Level. She had the hopes to continue with her musical education and study Music with English at Goldsmith's University London, but had a change of heart and decided to just go with English (which she equally enjoys!)
Chambers has been working on her first EP now for about two years, although it seems like a lengthy amount of time - she's really putting her best efforts into this one and wants to produce something to really be proud of. The song I've decided to make the film for is one of her first recorded pieces appropriately named 'India's Song' which was written by Chambers and her producer Daniel Duke. Funnily enough, the song was recorded in my living room using a portable studio and it came out a lot better than expected, so I was really eager to make a film for this particular film.
below is a photo of India Chambers photographed by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment