Monday 29 September 2014

'Education' by Alan Parker for Pink Floyd/ Holland Park Kyoto Gardens

Education (The Wall) The above is a clip from the 1982 musical film 'Pink Floyd The Wall' by Alan Parker the screenplay was written by Pink Floyd bassist and vocalist Roger Walters. The film is full of symbolism and metaphorical scenes with hardly any dialogue - and where there is dialogue it comes from the music being played. This is what i'd like to do in my short film, i'd like to create a musical film with no dialogue just scenes with creative cuts, editing, and beautiful location choices. I'd like to film around Holland park's Kyoto Gardens which is a beautiful backdrop for almost any type of filming - its caressed with amazing waterfalls and fountains which I think would be a good alternative. Although I haven't yet had the chance to visit the Kyoto Gardens in the flesh, I've come across some good youtube videos which shows the majority of the gardens so I know what to expect when filming. I'm going to visit the gardens after school on Thursday to take some photos and map out exactly where I want to shoot. Take a look at the Kyoto Gardens in this video that i've found:

No comments:

Post a Comment