Wednesday 15 October 2014

Production notes: characters

My film (already as unconventional as it is) will only have 1 main character (and potentially a few extras floating in and out of scenes) but none of them will have any lines so none of them will speak. In most music videos we see artists lip syncing the lyrics to their songs - but I've always found this a bit odd especially for those filming, which is why the artist in my film will not lip sync. Although I think it may be nice to partially have her say some of the words to the song, but very subtly like the camera isn't watching her do it. The song itself is quite a mellow ballad and I think by doing this it will only compliment and emphasise the lyrics and their meanings.
This is the artist's artwork for the song which was photographed by me:

As she looks quite shy and bashful on the cover I want to carry out this attitude throughout filming, I want her to move in the way we see models do in their portfolio reels but the camera will be focused a little less on the main character's face but mostly on body parts and the locations around her whilst filming. Although, the background is quite loud and outstanding and it's a great juxtaposition of how she is perceived to be in the photo, I still want the locations in the film to be vivid as it takes some pressure off of the character whilst filming and still allows her to be gentle and subtle in her movements. Here are some examples of the model reels I'm talking about:

No comments:

Post a Comment